From the stagecoach station to the family hotel

The Hotel Waldmann has now been run by our family in the 3rd generation since 1936 with great love and care. The hotel has transformed from a simple stagecoach station with simple accommodation into a comfortable family hotel.

The hotel dates back to the 50s

The foundation walls of the Pension-Cafe Rupprecht were built in 1900. The house was the first house in Alterschrofen and served as a stagecoach station at the time. The horses were cared for in the stables and the coachmen were housed in the guesthouse.

Max Waldmann was a master baker by profession. In 1936 he decided to become a restaurateur and took over the restaurant in Alterschrofen. The inn already had advantages back then. It was right on the road to the royal castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. There was also a large shady garden and 19 guest rooms in which overnight guests could be accommodated.

The hotel from the 50s to today

The Waldmann family has always tried to keep up with the times. That's why major renovation and conversion work took place on the guesthouse in the 60s and 80s and so the guesthouse became a hotel in 1966. All rooms gradually got their own bathroom with toilet. The last major renovation, which gave the hotel its current appearance, took place in 1982. Since then, families with children have also been able to stay overnight and go on vacation in the spacious and large family rooms.

Early hotel brochure